An Audition is not required to join Super Bows! To sign up, just fill out the registration form
- A prepared piece at least at the level of Bach Minuets in Suzuki Book 1
- Violin: 1-octave D and A Major, 2-octave G Major
- Viola & Cello: 1-octave D and G Major, 2-octave C Major
- Bass: 1-octave G Major
- Sight reading of simple melodies
- One prepared piece from a band method book
- One major scale
Academy String Orchestra
- A prepared piece at the level of Suzuki Book 3 or higher.
- Violin Scales: 2-octave G, A C, D and B flat Major.
- Viola Scales: 2-octave C, D, F, and E flat Major
- Cello Scales: 2-octave C, D Major and one of your choice
- Bass Scales: 2-octave Major scale of your choice
- Sight reading at an intermediate level
- A prepared solo piece or part
- Four major scales and a chromatic scale
- Simple Sight reading
- A prepared piece of your choice
- Required Orchestral Piece, which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page
- For Dvorak 9 - 1st Movement ONLY
- If you are auditioning for Concert Orchestra for the first time, use second part. If you are returning, use the first part.
- All auditions may include sight reading from pieces that may be performed in the 2016-2017 season.
- All musicians will be judged for intonation, control, tone, and presence.
- 3-octave Major scales up to 3 flats and 3 sharps. Adjudicators may ask for bowing variation.
Brass & Woodwinds Scales
- 2-octave Major scales up to 4 flats and 4 sharps
- 2-octave Chromatic scale
- Prepared piece auditionee’s choice
- Snare drum roll
- Timpani roll from soft to loud
- Major mallet scales