Support the Symphony in the company of friends. We have some amazing events available this coming year! These popular parties sell out quickly, so be sure to grab your tickets!
Enjoy an evening of music, wine, dessert, and great company at the San Luis Obispo creek‐side home of long time Symphony supporters Melodee and Jeff Brady. Guest musician pianist Mark Pietri (Jeff’s piano instructor), and Symphony bassist Ken Hustad will provide a night of jazz listening pleasure in a warm and casual atmosphere.
This Symphony fundraising event is entirely sponsored by the generosity of your hosts Jeff and Melodee. All funds directly support the Symphony. Your San Luis Obispo Symphony thanks you.
Saturday, April 22, 2023
This special evening is limited to 20 guests. $75 per guest.
Cinco De Mayo
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with live guitar music, your favorite South of the Border food, margaritas, and a selection of wine and Mexican beer. The venue is the lovely California bungalow home of Cindy Marie Absey in the Sierra Meadows neighborhood of San Luis Obispo, and features a sheltered patio perfect for relaxing, enjoying music, and making new friends. This Symphony fundraising event is entirely sponsored by the generosity of your hostess Cindy Marie Absey. Your San Luis Obispo Symphony thanks you.
Friday, May 5, 2023
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
This celebration is limited to 25 guests. $75 per guest.
The Ultimate PAC Tour
Clifton (Clif) Swanson, former SLO Symphony Music Director, Bass Player, member of the PAC Design Team, and Jane Swanson retired French Horn Player are your hosts for this one‐of‐a‐kind tour of San Luis Obispo’s pride and joy ‐ The Performing Arts Center!
Included in this exclusive behind the scenes tour of the hall, backstage, and hidden features:
• History of early attempts to build the hall and how it finally came to pass
• Story behind challenges in designing the hall
• Anecdotes regarding the construction
• Attendance at the second half of the “No Ties Allowed” Dress Rehearsal
• Discussion of technical aspects of acoustics, sound, lighting
• Memories of past performers/performances
• Meet the conductor and soloist after the rehearsal
• Opportunity to go inside and play the Forbes Pipe Organ
• Wrap up the tour with wine & cheese in the Green Room dedicated to silent screen actress Colleen Moore
• Questions are invited throughout the tour.
This Symphony fundraising event is entirely sponsored by your hosts Clif and Jane Swanson. All funds directly support the Symphony. Your San Luis Obispo Symphony thanks you.
Saturday, May 6, 2023
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
This celebration is limited to 16 guests. $75 per guest.
Legos For Learners
How can you get the most out of a classical concert? Join us for a fun evening with the dynamic professional duo of musicologist Alyson McLamore and pianist Terry Spiller who will demystify the building blocks that go into musical compositions. This is your chance to ask questions and learn different ways to appreciate the concert experience. Following the discussion, we will enjoy food and wine.
– Professor McLamore was named a Distinguished Teacher at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Her textbook Musical Theatre: An Appreciation is in its 2nd edition. She has written music curriculum for several years for the U.S. Academic Decathlon competitions.
– Dr. Speller, a prize winner of international piano competitions, has performed across the U.S. and Europe as a soloist, recitalist, and chamber musician. Dr. Spiller is a Professor Emeritus of Music at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo where he chaired the Music Department from 2004‐2019.
This Symphony fundraising event is entirely sponsored by the generosity of your hosts Pam Dassenko and Tom Miller. All funds directly support the Symphony. Your San Luis Obispo Symphony thanks you.
Saturday, May 27, 2023
This celebration is limited to 24 guests. $75 per guest.
SOLD OUT !
Lunch With Leaders
Community, Business, and Agriculture are three essential components of a thriving Central Coast. Join San Luis Obispo Mayor Erica A. Stewart, Liz Summer, Chair of the Board, SLO Chamber of Commerce, and Farm Bureau Executive Director Brent Burchett for a lively and insightful exploration of facing challenge, leading through change, and finding out just how they wound up in their leadership roles. The moderated conversation will be followed by a luncheon of locally sourced delights paired with wine and craft sodas curated by Jaime Lewis, host of Consumed: a Podcast for eaters, drinkers, thinkers, and makers. Join Steve McGrath and Sandi Sigurdson on the patio of their Buchon Street home for this afternoon of stimulating conversation. This Symphony fundraising event is entirely sponsored by the generosity of your hosts Steve McGrath and Sandi Sigurdson. All funds directly support the Symphony. Your San Luis Obispo Symphony thanks you.
Saturday, June 3, 2023
This special event is limited to 16 guests. $100 per guest.