SLO SYMPHONY GALA FUNDRAISER ~ SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2018
An incredible gathering - the San Luis Obispo Symphony Gala brings together music lovers to sip champagne, listen to beautiful music, have a delicious gourmet meal, bid on great auction items of wine, unique travel and entertainment experiences and foodie fun, all while supporting Symphony music education programs and concerts.
Tuscan Farmhouse Holiday
A slice of bliss with this 7 day, 6 night, 5 bedroom/4 bath, 400 year old stone farmhouse on a 30 acre vineyard in the heart of Tuscany! Perfect for extended family reunions, a memorable wedding, or a vacation with friends.
PARTIES WITH A PURPOSE
Every year, an exclusive collection of delightful "Parties with a Purpose" are available for purchase at the Symphony GALA Fundraiser. Donated by generous, fun-loving fans of the Symphony, these one-of-a-kind events are a great way to party with your friends and support the Symphony all at the same time. Here are just a few of the exciting parties to look forward to:
- Italian Al Fresco: Slip into a relaxed frame of mind as you meet friends old and new, for a gourmet, multi-course Italian dinner complete with fine Italian wines. Buon appetito.
DATE: August 18, 2018
- Maestro Mingle: Share an afternoon of music and mingling with Maestro and Mrs. Sewell. Listen to music performed by San Luis Obispo Symphony musicians as you savor culinary delights and local wines. DATE: April 28, 2018
- Step Fashionably into Spring & Summer: Lynda Flynn at Willow Nest will present a fashion show in the boutique’s secret garden. The afternoon will feature a selection of unique European and American style clothing and accessories as you enjoy light refreshments. Time to sip and shop after the show. Date: May 12, 2018
- Sip, Saunter, & Sounds - San Luis Drive Progressive Dinner: Enjoy a progressive dinner and a musical performance by a local pianist, in 3 beautiful homes located in the exclusive San Luis Drive neighborhood. Your evening will combine the best of food, libations, ambiance, music, and conviviality. DATE: September 8, 2018
- Cuban Pig Roast: You don’t have to go to Cuba; we’ve brought Cuba to you! A pig roasted in traditional Cuban style will be served with authentic Cuban side dishes, homemade gelato and world class wines. DATE: June 30, 2018
- Music at the Chapman Estate by the Sea: Spend a seaside afternoon with Maestro Sewell and the San Luis Obispo Symphony Burnished Brass musicians in the Begonia House at the elegant Chapman Estate in Shell Beach. Enjoy appetizers, beverages, and gourmet cookies.
DATE: September 30, 2018
- It’s a Pizza Party: A mouth watering opportunity to make your own “personal” pizza and bake it in an authentic wood fired pizza oven. Appetizers, salads, wines, dessert and even cigars included. DATE: June 23, 2018
- Elegant Edna Valley Evening: Not only will you enjoy a gourmet meal, but you will be treated to a concert featuring a cellist and pianist as you overlook stunning views of San Luis Obispo.
DATE: May 19, 2018
- Indian Culinary Adventure and Feast: An opportunity to attend a hands-on “Gujarati” cuisine cooking class complete with dinner, beverages, and a surprise gift. DATE: July 14, 2018
- An Adventure at the Piedras Blancas Light Station: A behind the scenes guided tour to learn the history and what life was like being a lighthouse keeper. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch… and shhhhh…do you hear the sounds of a Norwegian violin in the distance? Date: May 9, 2018
- The Secret Lives of Tortoises: Have you wondered which species of tortoise beat the hare? This is a rare and unique opportunity to learn about, touch, and hold tortoises. Date: August 4, 2018
*All Party Dates are Subject to Change
Enter to win two cases of premium wine in the annual Gala Wine Raffle! Four winners will be chosen and entries will close at two hundred tickets in order to increase your odds. Winners will be chosen the night of the Gala and entrants need not be present to win.
Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased through the Symphony office at 75 South Higuera Street, Suite 160.
Click here to reserve your place at the Gala or call the office at 805-543-3533 (option 0).
Proceeds raised at the gala will benefit the Symphony’s musical performances and educational programs, enabling the Symphony to maintain its long-held position as a leader in classical music, music education, and culture in San Luis Obispo County.