Your San Luis Obispo Symphony is committed to music, education and community. We Can't Do This Without You!
- The Symphony brings you 12+ exciting classical music experiences each year, with beautiful, live orchestral music entertaining more than 10,000 concert-goers, ranging in age from 5 years to 95 years. From Classics in the Cohan to POPS, Chamber, Youth Symphony and the Annual Children's concert, there is something for everyone.
- We support our wonderful Symphony musicians (your neighbors), giving them an avenue to practice their art. Their talent helps us create an economic impact throughout the community and celebrate a unique, on-going central coast cultural experience we can share with you and the community.
- We commit to bring you exciting and innovative, world-class programming, featuring internationally acclaimed soloists and performances.
In our 2016-17 Season:
- Our Music Van program visited 29 local schools, giving presentations to 3rd through 6th graders and letting them pick up and play several different instruments in hopes of inspiring them to play.
- The Musical Petting Zoo visited community events like Farmer’s Market and Children’s Day in the Plaza so local youth could pick up, play instruments and learn about our music education offerings.
- We offered 24 needs-based scholarships to Strings in the Schools students and taught 136 youth to play the violin, viola or cello in our local schools.
- We supported 201 young musicians in six ensembles to further their music education and playing, including 52 that make up the Youth Symphony concert orchestra. Our Youth Symphony is the only orchestral opportunity for children 8 to 18 years old on the entire central coast (from Santa Barbara to Monterey).
- We partnered with other arts organizations, Festival Mozaic, Cal Poly Music Department, The Gershwin Initiative and Center for the Performing Arts, to bring music education to our students and the general public.
Your support and love for the Symphony is greatly appreciated. Your gift will keep music education alive in our schools, support aspiring student musicians excel at their craft and provide performance opportunities, bring world-class classical music experiences to the community and promote the power of music to change lives.
Four Ways to Make Your Donation
• Call Allie Mount, Patrons Manager at the Symphony office at (805) 543-3533 to make your donation by phone.
• Come see us at the Symphony office located at:
75 Higuera Street, Suite # 160 in San Luis Obispo
• Mail your donation to:
PO Box 658
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
- Donate Online!
Please call Allie Mount, Patron Services Manager, at (805) 543-3533 to indicate the musician you wish to sponsor, in memory or in honor of someone or any other questions.
For Individual or Business Donor Opportunities, please click here.
The San Luis Obispo Symphony is a publi benefit non-profit, Fed. tax ID #95-2493144.